Meet Dan Dikken
I live in Andover with my wife, Carrie, and 4 children: Ellie, Luke, Zack and Avery. I have been in the mortgage business since 2001 and have successfully closed more than 1,200 loans.
I strive to provide the best service possible and ensure a smooth, stress-free closing. I pride myself with keeping up on an ever-changing market and will show you the best product to meet your financial needs and goals. I also work with numerous top realtors and would be more than happy to refer to one of the partners I work with.
Work with me and ... close with confidence!
Our Mortgage Process
Trust the biggest purchase of your life to our experience. Whether you're on your way to getting your first home, your next home, or a better rate on your existing mortgage, we will walk you through every step of the loan process. Now is the perfect time to get in touch with us and get the personal advice and guidance Bell Mortgage is famous for.
Once you've had all your questions answered and you're ready to start the home loan process, this is what you can expect.
1. Complete our online application.
The pre-approval application asks you questions about the home you wish to buy or refinance and your finances. To process your application, we need financial information about you - your current mortgage or rent, your other loans, your income, your assets, etc. As soon as you've finished the application, we review your request and immediately begin to process it.
2. We'll send you an application package and prepare your loan for processing.
Your loan application will include papers to sign and a list of items we'll need to verify the information you provided about your finances during the online application.
Here is a summary of the forms involved:
- Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Costs - This details the loan amount and all related charges and fees.
- Truth in Lending Disclosure - This lets you know what your estimated annual percentage rate of interest (APR) will be and any other program features that apply.
- Borrowers Certification - When you sign this, you authorize that all the information you provided is correct to the best of your knowledge. It also lets us finalize the process by contacting your landlord, employer, mortgage company, etc. and getting your credit report.
Next, we order the appraisal from a licensed appraiser who is familiar with home values in your area to determine its fair market value. The appraiser visits the property and compares its features, floor plan, lot, etc. against other similar properties in the area. (You receive a copy of the appraisal.)
4. We'll contact you to coordinate your closing date.
After we receive your application package, the appraisal and the title work, we contact you to schedule your loan closing. If you are purchasing a home, we also schedule the closing with the real estate agent. The closing takes place at an approved title office in your area. A few days before closing, we contact you to walk through the final information.
5. Apply now.
Start now by applying and you will be on your way to the most convenient home loan ever! That's all there is to it.
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Dan – Thank you so much for all your help during our first time home buying experience. Your attention to detail, quick responses, and accurate estimates made the process so smooth. We are so glad our realtor recommended you to us. Thank you again for everything! We will keep you in mind for any future needs!
Alyssa and Ryan
Jim and I want to thank you and your team for your great customer service and for the wonderful gift basket. You can be certain we will refer anyone who asks us for a mortgage person to you. Again, thank you.
Jim and Deb
Alan and I just wanted to drop you a line to say a HUGE THANK YOU for handling our refinance.
We were absolutely amazed at how quickly things were done, how smoothly everything went, and we were grateful for the constant communication and updates from you and your staff! Eileen and especially Angie at Land Title were fantastic to work with. Angie needs an award for her dedication to customer service! Please pass along our grateful thanks to them both.
We will continue to recommend Dan Dikken and Bell Mortgage to all our friends, family and clients!
Keep up the great work.
Dan, thank you for all the help you gave and continue to give to us and our son. It means a lot to us!
Lorri and Rick
Dan, thank you for all your help in purchasing our first home! It has been a great experience, and we truly enjoyed working with you! We look forward to working with you in the future, and we'll recommend you to our friends and family.
J and E
We appreciated all your guidance, patience and support throughout our home buying and refinancing process.
Mike and Brittany
About Super Mortgage Professionals
Dan Dikken was named to the 2014 list of Super Mortgage Professionals, independently chosen by the homeowners they serve and approved by industry leaders. This list is compiled by Twin Cities Business, Minneapolis-St. Paul magazine and Crescendo Business Services, an Eagan-based market research company. It includes only about 130 mortgage professionals who successfully navigate mortgages.
Mortgage professionals named to the list were graded on customer service, integrity, market knowledge, communication, closing preparation, finding the best rates and overall satisfaction. Each professional went through a rigorous screening process, then was reviewed by a panel of mortgage and real estate industry experts selected to participate in the process based on their experience and knowledge of the industry. Since the inception of the Super Mortgage Professional award in 2010, Dan has been nominated each year.
Home Construction Loans
You talked about it, dreamed about it, and now you’re ready to build your new home. Let us make the process a smooth one, from your construction loan to permanent home financing. Build on our experience to help bring your dream home to life. Our home construction lenders offer you:
- Experience – We know the neighborhoods, local contractors and subcontractors, construction processes, costs and loan options.
- Flexibility – We can work with contractors, or directly with you as the general contractor.
- Credibility – We work with reputable, licensed builders.
- Economy – We offer competitive rates on loan options that fit you, with local underwriting and processing.
- Simplicity – We team up to create a smooth transition from your construction loan to permanent home financing.
- Benefits –
- Financing costs are known up-front and are not buried into the cost of the home
- We allow for higher loan-to-values with low initial down payments.
- You may finance closing costs into the construction loan.
- Interest paid during construction may be tax deductible along with certain closing costs. (Consult your tax advisor about the deductibility of interest and closing costs.)
If you are interested in talking about a home construction loan, just give me a call.